On Saturday, we took a road trip to the highest incorporated town in North America: Alma, Colorado.
On Sunday, I made granola for the first time since this time last year.
Chia Cardamom Granola
Write a review
- 2 1/3 cups GF rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup walnut halves, broke into small pieces
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients minus the sultanas and raisins.
- Stir in the coconut oil and agave and mix until everything is coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan at 10 to 15 minute intervals.
- Once the granola is toasted, remove from the oven and stir in the raisins and sultanas.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled.
Gothic Granola http://gothicgranola.com/